As you probably know, we’ve released our first iPhone application named Persian Poems one month ago. Today we decided to push the first update for it to introduce some new features and fix minor bugs we had found and release a second version with new books and graphics. So I started with creating and dumping and organizing the new books for the second edition and we all three were testing and fixing bugs there in the garage. It will hopefully turn into a faster and more stable application since the poem catching process is now being done in a background worker thread and have almost no impact on user scrolling experience.
I’ve also done some performance tests on Movie Buff and Persian Poems to find the funny memory leaks. This page helped me a lot to start off the play with Apple Instruments tool and as a result both applications are completely clean now ! and I have to wash my hands ! 🙂
Unfortunately the micro-transaction system needs more work and the exams will start in near 3-4 days and this is the fact that why we decided to do some time-boxing for the features we’re going to present in this update.
There were also some critical problems with the Movie Buff which is available on App-store for a week or so. We’ve fixed them and hope that apple will release the update soon to prevent these 1-start ratings.